The Certificate II in Aeroskills is an ideal base level qualification for employees of aviation maintenance workshops who are required to perform repair and overhaul tasks on a limited range of aircraft electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electro-hydraulic and electro-pneumatic components, or who perform simple repairs on a limited range of structural components. Units of competency that comprise this qualification are a mix of common units that apply to all technical employment streams covered by the Aeroskills Training Package (core units) and technical employment stream units that are specific to a technical employment stream (elective units). Successful completion of this course will enable an individual to get a basic introduction to the aviation maintenance industry whilst completing a nationally recognised qualification. This qualification comprises of 12 units of competency
What you neeed to know
- How long to complete this course?
- This is a full-time six month course. You will attend 32 hours per week. TVET students attend in one week blocks as negotiated with schools.
- What fees are payable?
$ 1,000 (GST Free) NSW Apprenticeship fee
$ 1,580 (GST Free) NSW government subsidised fee
$ 5,820 (GST Free) Non subsidised fee
RPL fee will be based on individual assessment
Concessions and exemptions are available for eligible students
Additional Costs include:
Building Levy: $225
Admin / Consumables fee, includes the issue of Journal of Experience, and administration/consumables costs associated with the course: $250
Textbooks will be approximately $500
- Career Opportunities & Pathways
- Successful completion of this course will allow basic entry level into the aviation maintenance industry. Opportunities for advancement in the industry will be enhanced with the core competencies mapping directly to the following: Cerificate IV Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Mechanical, Cerificate IV Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Avionics, and Cerificate IV Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Aircraft Structures.
- Do I study in Tamworth
- Yes. You will need to attend full time for six months.
- What are the course requirements
- You must provide your own PPCE including a minimum of Safety Glasses, Work Boots and appropriate work clothes.
- For TVET students only
- Duration: Approximately 200 Hours ( 6 blocks). Please note, additional 60 hrs attendance at the completion of HSC is required to be deemed competent in all required areas for issue of Certificate II.
Download the Certificate II Aeroskills Brochure HERE
Year 10 or above.