What you neeed to know
- What are the dates of this course?
Option 1: 1 February - 25 November 2016 for full time attendees
Option 2: 1 February - 20 May 2016, OR 11 July - 25 Nov 2016 (Mid Year Intake) for 12 week block release Stage 1
Option 3: By arrangement with employers due to enterprise capability in student release times
- How long to complete this course
- 36 weeks fulltime with semester breaks.
- What fees are payable?
$ 2,000 (GST Free) Apprenticeship NSW government subsidised fee
$ 9,000 (GST Free) Non subsidised fee
RPL can be conducted at anytime through negotiation with individuals and employers and cost will be based on individual assessment.
Concessions and exemptions are available for eligible students
Additional Course Costs
Building Levy: $450
Resource package: $50 per year
Practical Project Materials: $200 per year
- Do I study in Tamworth?
- Yes. You will need to be in Tamworth for 36 weeks to attend full-time face to face training.
- Is accommodation available in Tamworth near the campus?
- Yes. Please contact Russell Hodgkins on +61 2 6768 2084 for more details.
- Do I need an apprenticeship with an employer?
- No - but we recommend you do.
- What about gaining credit for past courses or my professional experience?
- TAFE NSW can recognize the skills and knowledge you might have gained in previous courses, the workplace or life experience. You will need complete a Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) assessment in order to gain credits. Contact Russell Hodgkins on +61 2 6768 2084 for more details.
- Career Expectations
- Successful completion of this qualification along with the submission of work place evidence submitted through the JOE, [journal of experience
The Certificate III in Aeroskills (Mechatronics) is suited to those employed within the General Aviation industry sector on the maintenance of small aircraft who are not seeking direct progression to a CASA B1.2 Aircraft Maintenance Engineer licence limited to basic small aircraft maintenance. Individuals who intend to seek the grant of a licence in the future should consider the requirements for MEA41015 Certificate IV in Aeroskills (Mechatronics) when selecting elective units of
competency for this qualification.
To be awarded the MEA30215 Certificate III in Aeroskills (Mechatronics), competency must be demonstrated in twenty (20) units of competency, as follows:
- fifteen (15) core units consisting of common, technical stream and imported units
- five (5) elective units drawn from the technical stream units listed in Group A
Download the full Course Brochure HERE
Year 10 or above and good Mathematics and English proficiency.