What you neeed to know
- What are the dates of this course?
- Start dates are by negotiation with candidate.
- What fees are payable?
$ 2,000 (GST Free) Apprenticeship NSW government subsidised fee
$ 18,250 (GST Free) Non subsidised fee
RPL can be conducted at anytime through negotiation with individuals and employers and cost will be based on individual assessment.
Concessions and exemptions are available for eligible students
Additional Course Costs
Building Levy: $450
Resource package: $50 per year
Practical Project Materials: $200 per year
- What about gaining credit for past courses or my professional experience?
- TAFE NSW can recognize the skills and knowledge you might have gained in previous courses, the workplace or life experience. You will need complete a Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) assessment in order to gain credits. Contact Russell Hodgkins on +61 2 6768 2084 for more details.
This qualification applies to individuals seeking the grant of a CASA B1 Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Licence covering the supervision, performance and certification of airframe, engine, electrical and structural maintenance on aircraft that are type-rated by CASA for maintenance purposes. It consists of:
• Common and technical units required in the aircraft maintenance stream with the ability to select electives for your chosen licence sub-category
• Additional Diploma level units that cover supervisor level OHS competency plus competencies required by CASA for the exercise of licence privileges
• Diploma level mechanical technical stream units covering advanced fault diagnosis and aircraft weighing and weight and balance calculation.
To be awarded the MEA50215 Diploma of Aeroskills (Mechanical) competency must be demonstrated in thirty-six (36) to forty-three (43) units.
Download the full Course Brochure HERE
Year 10 or above and good Mathematics and English proficiency.