This Aeroskills qualification may apply to employees of aircraft maintenance organisations, or of specialist aircraft surface finishing organisations who are required to prepare the surfaces of aircraft and aircraft components for the application of surface finishes, apply paint, specialist finishes and decals or stencils. Also required is the application of aircraft registration markings, national markings and organisational logos. The units of competency that comprise this qualification are a mix of: common units that apply to all Aeroskills specialist streams at Certificate II, III and IV levels. Structures technical stream units relating to aircraft surface finishing, and imported automotive units relating to the application of paint finishes. This qualification comprises of 17 units of competency. See course flyer for more details.
What you neeed to know
- How long to complete this course
- 25 weeks fulltime with semester breaks. You will attend 20 hours per week.
- What fees are payable?
$ 2,000 (GST Free) Apprenticeship NSW government subsidised fee
$ 3,220 (GST Free) Non subsidised fee
RPL Fee based on individual assessment
Concessions and exemptions are available for eligible students
Additional Costs include:
AviSkills Board Levy: $450 per year
Course Resources: $250 per year
Textbooks will approximately $500
- Career Opportunities
- This qualification fully articulates with MEA40915 Certificate IV in Aircraft Surface Finishing and the Common units provide a number of credits towards other Aeroskills qualifications at Certificate II, III and IV levels. To be awarded the MEA30111 Certificate III in Aircraft Surface Finishing, competency must be demonstrated in seventeen (17) Core units of competency.
- Do I study in Tamworth?
- Yes. You will need to be in Tamworth for 25 weeks to attend full-time face to face training.
- Is accommodation available in Tamworth near the campus?
- Yes. Please contact Russell Hodgkins on +61 2 6768 2084.
Download the full Course Flyer HERE
Yr 10 Level schooling or above